Based in Belgrade, Serbia
October 8th, 2015
Press / Business contact:
Altfuture is an independent game development team based in Belgrade, Serbia. Our goal is to push the limits of utility and design with our custom-made software, and launch as many revolutionary projects as possible.
We do all development and publishing in-house. Our games are made with great passion coming from a small team with both a player background, as well as decades of combined multi-disciplinary practical experience. Having built Altfuture from scratch, and remaining fully independent over the years, we've gained significant experience in designing and carrying out successful products as directly as possible, on any budget, bypassing loss of resources on unfruitful research and experimentation.
We owe special thanks to the great team behind the Serbian Innovation Fund for funding Derail Valley development through 2018/02 - 2019/01: This project is financed by the Innovation Fund from the budget of the Republic of Serbia from the division of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, through the Serbia Competitiveness and Jobs Project (loan agreement with the World Bank).
Altfuture started in 2012, and officially 2015, driven by Slobodan's passion to demonstrate new directions in game design. In the spring of 2016 he released Altfuture's first project, Switchcars. Later that year Nenad joined, and the duo began work on the genre-defining VR open world train simulator, Derail Valley. Our team grew since and today actively develops both games.
Innovation Fund Short Interview YouTube
There are far more images available for Altfuture, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- Switchcars - "Mikser Virtual Balkan - 1st place award" | Belgrade, 2014
- Switchcars - "Playfield Jury Review - 1st place award" | Cologne, 2015
- Switchcars - "Best Indie Game - Nominee" | Zurich, 2016
- Derail Valley - "MSI VR JAM 2017 - 3rd place award" | Taipei, January 23, 2017
- Derail Valley - "GameUp 2017 - 1st place award" | Belgrade, March 18, 2017
- Derail Valley - "Casual Connect Kyiv 2017 - Kids & Family nominee" | Kyiv, October 26, 2017
- Derail Valley - "Serbian Innovation Fund - MINIGRANTS award" | Belgrade, December 8, 2017
CEO, Founder & Lead Designer
CTO, Co-founder & Lead Programmer
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer)